Heirloom Tomato Crostini
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 baguette, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- 1 cup creamy ricotta cheese
- 3 to 4 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Smoked flaked salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Sliced green onion, to garnish
BBQ Option: Prepare the crostinis on the grill by toasting for a minute on each side after brushing with oil & garlic.
- Preheat the oven to 375(f) degrees & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sliced baguette to the prepared baking sheet & brush with olive oil. Rub each slice with the garlic clove. Bake until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the ricotta until fluffy & smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Top each slice of baguette with a smear of ricotta. Evenly divide the tomatoes amongst the crostinis.
- Season with flaked salt & black pepper. Garnish with a sprinkle of green onions.
Recipe by Marcella DiLonardo. (@modestmarce)
← Older post
Newer post →