Grilled Gochujang Wings
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 24 chicken wings, drumettes & widgets
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons gochujang paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Black & white sesame seeds, to garnish
- Sliced green onion, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425(f) degrees & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season lightly with salt & pepper. Bake for 45 minutes, rotating the wings once halfway through.
- As the wings bake, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat add the oil, garlic & ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the sesame oil, gochujang paste, honey, soy sauce & rice win. Continue whisking until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Toss wings in sauce until well coated.
- Optional: Finish the sauced wings on the grill over medium heat. Cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly charred. Garnish with sesame seeds & green onion.
Recipe by Marcella DiLonardo. (@modestmarce)
← Older post
Newer post →