Beer Brined BBQ Ribs
Cook Time: 2 ½ Hours (overnight brine)
- 1 rack of pork side ribs, membrane removed
- 2 cans of Detour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- BBQ sauce, to finish
- Transfer the ribs to a large baking dish. Add the beer & cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate minimum overnight or up to two days.
- Preheat the oven to 300(f) degrees & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small mixing bowl stir together the brown sugar, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder & cayenne pepper.
- Transfer the ribs to the prepared baking sheet & pat dry with a paper towel. Rub both sides generously with the dry rub mixture.
- Tent the baking sheet with foil & bake for 2 to 3 hours, until tender.
- When ready to serve, heat the grill to high heat. Brush the ribs with desired amount of barbecue sauce & grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until charred & heated throughout. Finish with additional barbecue sauce if desired.
Recipe by Marcella DiLonardo. (@modestmarce)
← Older post
Newer post →