This recipe comes from our good friend Marcella DiLonardo. You can find her on Instagram at @ModestMarcePairs perfectly with our Winter Beard Stout
1/2 cup Muskoka Brewery’s Winter Beard Stout
1 cup unsalted butter
6 ounces baking chocolate, roughly chopped
1/3 cup cocoa powder
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons 100% pure cranberry juice (not cocktail)
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon fine salt
Pretzels, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Line a 9 by 12 inch baking dish with parchment paper. In a saucepan over medium heat add the stout. Cook down until the liquid reduces by half, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. To the same saucepan add the butter, chocolate & cocoa powder. Reduce heat & continue stirring until the butter is fully melted. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk in the eggs, sugar, vanilla & cranberry juice. Sift in the flour, baking powder & salt. Mix until just combined.
4. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish & smooth to flatten. Top with pretzels.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges have set but the center still has a slight jiggle. Let cool completely before slicing & serving.