19 May Teriyaki Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers
Pairs perfectly with our Detour India Session Ale!
Makes: 6 skewers
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 18 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 18 cubes of pineapple
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped
- Thread shrimp & pineapple alternately onto six wood skewers. Set aside while you prepare the sauce & heat the grill to medium heat.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the oil, garlic & ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil & cornstarch. Continue whisking until mixture slightly thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange skewers on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes per side. Turn heat to low & brush both sides with prepared sauce.
- Transfer to serving plate. Garnish with sesame seeds & fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Marcella DiLonardo. (@modestmarce)