10 Jul Summer Beer & Food Pairings with Deerhurst Resort
Warning, do not read this on an empty stomach. This spread will cause some serious mealtime envy. Deerhurst Resort has just launched its new summer menu at Maple Pub & Patio. They’ve taken Mad Tom IPA, Detour, Cool As Cuke and Summerweiss Tropical and paired them with 9 colourfully crafted courses. Get inspired to host a little beer and food pairing of your own, or guide your next dining experience. Combos by Deerhurst take “pub grub” to the next level.
THE MAPLE LEAF | Back bacon, smoked bacon, BBQ cheese curds, mozzarella, green onions, maple syrup drizzle
- Cream Ale – Allow Cream Ale’s caramelized malt flavours to complement the maple syrup drizzle and melt into the sweet, smoky bacon. Light floral hop bitterness cuts through the rich creamy cheese and salty bacon for the perfect pairing.
THE MAPLE BURGER | Maple smoked bacon, maple caramelized onions, Quebec brie cheese
- Mad Tom – Sweet maple contrasts Mad Tom’s bold hop flavour, toning down the bitterness while allowing it to cut through savoury caramelized onions and creamy brie cheese. Mad Tom is the perfect palette cleanser for this rich and delicious burger.
OPEN FACE NY 6 oz STEAK SANDWICH | Naan bread brushed with chipotle mayo, caramelized onions, peppered arugula greens, crispy onions
- Mad Tom – The heat from the spicy chipotle mayo will contrast the bold citrus hops in Mad Tom while slicing through the creamy mayo. Crispy onions and tender steak leave behind a satisfying mouth coating for Mad Tom to cut through for a clean finish.
THE MAPLE CHICKEN SANDWICH | Maple bacon, aged cheddar, grilled chicken breast, guacamole, diced tomato, shredded lettuce, chipotle mayo, onion bun
- Detour – Detour’s crisp carbonation will break through the sharp, aged cheddar and salty-sweet maple bacon while tropical and stone fruit hop flavours complement the fresh tomato, lettuce and guacamole for a flavourful and fresh combination.
THE MAPLE POWER BOWL | Warm seven grain rice, corn and bean salsa, chilled red and green peppers, broccoli, sweet potato, chickpeas flavoured with Asian sesame dressing, crispy onions, local Four Season Greens seedlings
- Detour – Pineapple, mango and juicy peach flavours complement the similarly sweet, fresh ingredients in this bowl. Allow the hoppy fruit notes to enhance and brighten the peppers, corn and salsa. Detour’s crisp bitterness cuts through sweet sesame dressing and crispy onions for wonderfully refreshing pairing.
FISH TACOS | Beer battered haddock, cabbage slaw, spicy tomato and corn salsa, cilantro and lime crème fraîche
- Cool As Cuke – A natural pairing, the cucumber and lemongrass in Cool As Cuke is the perfect complement to fresh veggies served on these tacos. The lime crème fraiche will make an outstanding pair with the zip of the lemongrass and the calming cucumber. The crisp, light hops will cut through the crispy beer batter and allow the toppings to shine through in this stellar taco + beer combo.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN IN A PITA | Marinated chicken, romaine, red onion, feta cheese, green olives, tomato, cucumber, Tzatziki spread
- Cool as Cuke – Allow Cool As Cuke to join in as a key ingredient in this pita. A natural complement to enhance the tzatziki and cucumber and the perfect contrast to savoury feta, olives and onion, this brew is the perfect pairing to add an extra fresh zip of flavour to this meal.
BLUE CHEESE AND PEAR PIZZA | Prosciutto, smoked pears, arugula pesto, Danish blue cheese
Summerweiss – Tropical flavours of passion fruit and mango enhance the juicy, smoked pears while expertly contrasting the salty prosciutto for a fan favourite salty-sweet combo. Allow the creamy, blue cheese to contrast the bright fruit flavours while the dough and wheat meld together in the perfect bite.
MUSHROOM AND GOAT CHEESE | Loads of Ontario mushrooms, goat cheese, crème fraîche, balsamic reduction
- Summerweiss – Goat cheese and crème fraiche highlight notes of juicy mango and passionfruit as Summerweiss shines through in this pairing. A beautiful contrast to the earthy mushrooms, balsamic is the perfect counterpart to introduce a sour tang to the sweet fruit finish.
FISH & CHIPS | Crispy battered haddock, coleslaw, fries, tartar sauce
- Lager – The crispy, warm battered haddock mirrors the cereal-like sweetness of this all-malt Craft Lager. A perfect palette cleanser, the crisp, easy drinking brew leaves behind a clean finish leaving you ready for the next bite. pulled
SMOKED CHICKEN MAC’N CHEESE | Four cheese cream sauce, pulled smoked chicken, Parmesan bread crumb crust
- Lager – The malt forward character of Craft Lager is a perfect complement to the warm bready, salty Parmesan crust. Malt sweetness melts into the the smoked chicken and cheese while the crisp carbonation cuts through the creamy, cheesiness for a clean finish.
Hungry yet? Pull up a chair at Maple Pub & Patio at Deerhurst resort. You can stop by the brewery on your way to enjoy events and activities around Muskoka.