30 Apr Recipe: Peach + Blackberry Cobbler
Pairs perfectly with our Peach & Blackcurrant Hard Sparkling Water!
4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 cups thinly sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch fine salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Lightly butter a 9-inch oven safe skillet or baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl add the blackberries, peaches, lemon juice, ½ cup sugar & cornstarch. Toss until well coated & transfer mixture to baking dish.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder & salt. Stir in the butter, milk & vanilla until just combined.
- Spoon the batter over the fruit filling, leaving a few areas exposed with the fruit filling. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is bubbly & top is golden brown.
- Scoop into serving bowls & top with a scoop of ice cream. Best served warm!
Recipe by Marcella DiLonardo. (@modestmarce)