23 Apr Recipe: Field Berry Lemon Pudding Cake
Pairs perfectly with our Field Berry & Lemon Hard Sparkling Water!
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup field berries
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Lightly butter an 8-inch round baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk, butter, egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice & vanilla until well combined.
- Add the flour & salt. Mix until batter comes together.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, ensuring not to deflate the whites.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish & bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Let cool to room temperature. Top with field berries & dust with powdered sugar. Scoop into serving bowls & enjoy!
Recipe by Marcella DiLonardo. (@modestmarce)