01 Jun Beers as Good as Gold
Twenty years of brewing has taught us that hard work, experimentation and creativity pay off. This year, we were proud to receive 11 combined awards at the World Beer Championship and the Canadian Beer Awards – including four for our summer seasonals –Summerweiss and Kirby’s Kölsch.
The World Beer Championship, the oldest American based international beer competition, is a consumer-focused competition devoted to finding and understanding great beers. Beers are judged on a 100-point quality scale based on taste and quality of beer.
We proudly took home the following medals:
- Gold – IPA: Mad Tom
- Silver – Hefeweizen: Summerweiss
- Silver – Dunkel Weizen: Winterweiss
- Silver – Imperial IPA: Twice As Mad Tom
- Silver – Cream: Cream Ale
- Silver – American Style Pale: Detour
- Silver – Pale Lager: Craft Lager
- Silver – Stout – Flavoured: Winter Beard
- Bronze – Kölsch: Kirby’s Kölsch
Our summer seasonals were also awarded two medals at the Canadian Brewing Awards. Here, beers are blindly judged by a panel of 40 certified beer judges on five criteria – aroma, appearance, flavour, mouth-feel and overall impression.
- Silver – German Style Kölsch: Kirby’s Kölsch
- Silver – Wheat Beer – German Style: Summerweiss
You can pick up these brews, including our summer seasonals, at the LCBO, The Beer Store and grocery stores.